Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Meeting Archive.
Update from Council Meeting — May 14th, 2018
- Council heard a report from the Cow Bay Marina Manager on the installation of a new kayak launch that will be free for public use. The launch is anticipated to open the week of May 22nd after the installation of a step letdown is completed this week.
- Recent MBA graduates Kristi Farrell, Chris Armstrong, and Karen Sawatzky came forward to present their research on the need for a recruitment and retention strategy in Prince Rupert and Port Edward.
- Council approved the Audited 2017 Financial Statements as presented by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Council received the Chief Financial Officer’s March 2018 Financial Variance Report for information purposes.
- As per a request from Child Find BC, Council declared May 2018 as National Missing Children’s Month in Prince Rupert.
- Council voted to direct staff to write a letter of support in response to Nathan Cullen, MP Skeena-Bulkley Valley, request to the Federal Government for improved passenger transportation, including VIA Rail services.
- Council released board appointments made in the April 23rd, 2018 Closed Meeting of Council. Gloria Rendell, Kelly Sawchuk, and Knut Bjorndal were appointed to the Airport Authority Board for 2-year terms; Rosa Miller was appointed for a 2-year term to the Prince Rupert Small Business Advisory Council; and, Joy Sundin, Sheri Pringle, Bruce Watkinson, Ralph Weick, Joyce Charlton, and Anna-Marie Prohaska were appointed to the Recreation Commission along with Councillor Wade Niesh who was appointed as Chair.