Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Meeting Archive.
Update from Council Meeting — June 25th, 2018
- Council held a Committee of the Whole session to hear general comments and feedback from the public. The opportunity for comments on the City’s Annual Report was also held during this session.
- Council voted to approve a Development Permit for the 1500 Block of Park Avenue, which will house a 36 unit BC Housing project, to be managed by the North Coast Transition Society. The new development will provide housing as well as wraparound services to the homeless in Prince Rupert.
- Council voted to allow a Development Variance Permit for 1053 1st Avenue West to proceed to public notification.
- Council approved the Annual Report after receiving no public comment when opportunity was provided at the Committee of the Whole. Copies of the Report are available at City Hall, the Recreation Complex, the Public Library, and online.
- In the interests of generating greater local benefit from the fishing industry, Council voted to forward a resolution to the Union of BC Municipalities Conference (UBCM) requesting support for regulatory principles of adjacency and fleet separation to be applied to the fishing industry on the West Coast of Canada, in line with the framework applied on the East Coast of Canada.
- Council voted to pass Elections Voting Procedure and Automated Vote Counting System Authorization Bylaw No 3428, 2018 in advance of the upcoming municipal election scheduled for October 20th, of 2018.