Please see below for an update from yesterday's Council Meeting. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Corner Archive.
Council Corner Update - May 13th, 2019
- Council held a public hearing on OCP and Zoning Bylaw Amendment 3438 and 3439, 2019 to rezone the property at 1051 Chamberlin Avenue (old Neptune Inn) to permit a restaurant and commercial dwelling. One comment in support of the rezoning was received during the public hearing. Following the public hearing during the regular meeting, the Amendment Bylaws were passed unanimously by Council.
- Council approved a new Recreation Allocation Policy forwarded by the Recreation Commission to determine a priority sequence for how space and time are allocated at the Complex.
- Council approved a Development Variance Permit Application for 998 1st Avenue West to proceed to Public Notification.
- Council accepted the 2018 Audited Financial Statements.
- Council accepted the 2019 March Financial Variance Report.
- By request, City Council proclaimed June 2019 as as National Missing Children’s Month and May 25th Missing Children’s Day.
- Council voted in favour of providing a letter of support to the Port of Prince Rupert for their application to the National Trade Corridor Fund for infrastructure enhancements.
- Council released two resolutions from Closed Meetings to appoint Carolina De Ryk to the Library Board, and Margaret Cavin to the Performing Arts Centre Society’s Board of Directors, both for two year terms.