Under the Emergency Program Act, the City of Prince Rupert is responsible for responding to emergencies throughout the area, including providing emergency social services.
We depend on volunteers to plan and provide these services, including:
- Identifying locations for reception centres and group lodging;
- Finding other volunteers;
- Working with local businesses, service organizations and government agencies;
- Housing and feeding people forced from their homes;
- Providing services to people who are unable to leave their homes; and
- Supporting other emergency responders.
Contact us at email@example.com to get started; training is provided, and previous experience is not required
Upcoming Training Opportunities
EMRG 1624: RESOURCE AQUISITION
Prerequisite: EMRG 1624
Learn about the roles, functions, and planning of a Resource Acquisition unit in a Reception Centre. Learn about the identification of essential resources, how to set up agreements with suppliers before an emergency occurs, and how to access, distribute, and track these resources during an emergency. This course is offered to ESS team members who are responsible for acquiring and managing food, clothing, and lodging resources for evacuees and response workers. (Formerly ESS124)
Lunch is provided.
Instructor: TBD Eagle Room
September 28 Sa 8am - 4pm Free