Did you miss last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner Update below. For past updates, visit our archive.
Update from Council Meeting — August 20th, 2018
- Council held a Committee of the Whole session to hear general comments and feedback from the public.
- Council heard a presentation from Michelle Bryant-Gravelle and Marc Dulude regarding Ridley Terminals plans for a West Berth Terminal expansion, to enable the future diversification of trade commodities moving through their facility.
- Council approved two Development Variance Permit Applications. One for 1641 Overlook Street, and one for 1045 1st Avenue West.
- After receiving a presentation from the City’s Approving Officer, Richard Pucci, Council approved an application for stratification of the property at 2021/2025 Seal Cove Circle.
- Council received the June 2018 Financial Variance Report for information purposes. As of June of this year, operational expenditures are on budget, while capital projects are ongoing. The majority of budgeted funds for the Woodworth dam project will be carried forward into 2019 when most of the work will be conducted.
- As per a request from the Prince Rupert and District Metis Society, Council proclaimed September 12th-18th Metis Awareness week.
- Following the recusal of Councillor Randhawa, Council voted to pass final adoption of the Vehicle for Hire Amendment Bylaw 3429, 2018.
- A notice of motion was forwarded by Councillor Thorkelson for the next scheduled meeting for Council to direct staff to write a letter to the Federal Government opposing the sale of Ridley Terminals.