Please see below for an update from Monday's Council Meeting. For past meetings, check out Council Corner Archive.
Update from Council Meeting — January 27th, 2020
- During the Committee of the Whole, Council heard a presentation from Kaien Trails on proposed next plans relating to trails in Prince Rupert, highlighting the potential Cloud Berry Trail. A request was also made for Council to consider application for funding to support the development of an Active Transportation Strategy to improve access to funding.
- Council heard a presentation on the possibility of a local Situation Table from Shannon Tucker, Ministry of Public Safety and the Solicitor General. Situation Tables offer coordinated local social service supports to those community members considered at elevated risk.
- Council voted to award the Outfall I Catchment Study of to McElhanney Consulting Ltd as per staff recommendation. This study will provide a thorough review of approximately 40% of the City’s storm/sewer infrastructure, and make recommendations with respect to twinning storm and sewer lines as part of future wastewater treatment.
- Council voted to direct staff to apply for a Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) grant for a wastewater treatment feasibility study, in relation to the previous agenda item.
- Council voted to provide a letter of support for the Prince Rupert Golf Club’s application to the Port Community Investment Fund, as requested.