Missed Monday's Council Meeting? See below for a summary of the main items discussed. For past Council summaries, go to our Council Archive.
- Council approved a Development Variance Permit Application for 250 Parker Drive to proceed to Public Notification.
- Council released a resolution from December’s Closed Meeting appointing Gloria Rendell, Knut Bjorndal and Kelly Sawchuk to the Prince Rupert Airport Authority Board.
- Council released a resolution from December’s Closed Meeting appointing Andrea Wilmot, Dale White and Brendan Turner to the Prince Rupert Library Board.
- Council instructed staff to provide a letter to the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch (LCRB) in support of the application by FCC Enterprises Inc. for a Retail Cannabis Sales Licence to be located at 23 Cow Bay Road. The proposed establishment is within the area and zones where Retail Cannabis Stores, as defined in the City of Prince Rupert Zoning Bylaw, are permitted.
- Council gave Third reading to the Downtown Core Revitalization Tax Exemption Program Bylaw No. 3466, 2020, and directed staff to make further amendments:
- Specify Council’s wishes to encourage the development of multi-family residences in the Midtown District.
- Specify Council’s wishes to encourage the clustering of commercial development in the Downtown and Cow Bay Districts.
- Specify Council’s wishes to encourage the redevelopment of existing commercial properties in the Midtown, Downtown, and Cow Bay Districts.
- Modify the “Schedule A” map of eligible lands to denote that eligible exemptions in the Midtown District are limited to multi-family residential and existing commercial redevelopments.