Did you miss last night's Council meeting? No problem! Check out the summary update of major meeting items below, and for an archive of past Council meeting updates, check out our Council Corner Archive
Update from Council Meeting — August 19th, 2019
· Council held a public hearing for Zoning Bylaw Amendment Bylaw 3445, 2019 and Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw 3443, 2019 which proposes to rezone the property at Biggar Place (5 Corners) from Residential to Commercial use. No members of the public spoke for or against the rezoning.
· Council held a Committee of the Whole meeting where the opportunity to provide comment on general items of concern was provided to the community.
· Council heard a presentation from Michael Gurney, General Manager of the Lester Centre of the Arts on programming planned for the 2019/2020 season and a review of the successful 2018/2019 season. For information on upcoming shows, check out: https://www.lestercentre.ca/
· Council voted to approve an application for a Development Variance Permit for 523 7th Avenue East to proceed to public notification.
· Council heard a presentation from the Chief Financial Officer regarding the June 2019 Financial Variance Report.
· Council voted to proclaim September 23-29th Rail Safety week in the City of Prince Rupert, as per CN Corporate Services request.
· Council also voted to proclaim November 11-16th Metis Awareness Week in the City of Prince Rupert, as per the request of Metis Nation BC and the Prince Rupert and District Metis Society.
· Council released a board appointment from the July 22nd Closed Meeting of Council. Cary Dalton was appointed to another 2 year term on the Prince Rupert Library Board.
· Council gave Third Reading to OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 3445, 2019 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3443, 2019 for rezoning of the property on Biggar Place. Final consideration will be given at a future meeting of Council.