Located on the ground floor of the Atlin Terminal on the waterfront of Prince Rupert’s historic Cow Bay district, the Port Interpretive Centre tells the story of the Port of Prince Rupert. It is a story that stretches from 10,000 years ago -- when the area was as a trading hub for the Tsimshian First Nation -- to the present, with the rapid growth of the port's commerce in containers, coal, and grain. At the Port Interpretive Centre, explore where we come from and where we’re going. Visit us for a free tour and discover a world of opportunity.
- Interactive exhibits detail trade routes and historical development
- Video displays explain port operations on Prince Rupert’s waterfront
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff are available for guided tours
- Kid activity centres make the Port Inerpretive Centre interesting for all ages
- Admission is free year-round for all visitors
For more information, please navigate to the following link: http://www.rupertport.com/centre.