Under the Emergency Program Act, the City of Prince Rupert is responsible for responding to emergencies throughout the area, including providing emergency social services.
We depend on volunteers to plan and provide these services, including:
- Identifying locations for reception centres and group lodging;
- Finding other volunteers;
- Working with local businesses, service organizations and government agencies;
- Housing and feeding people forced from their homes;
- Providing services to people who are unable to leave their homes; and
- Supporting other emergency responders.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started; training is provided, and previous experience is not required
Upcoming Training Opportunities
Sept, 29, 2018 - EMRG 1671 - Site Management Prince Rupert
Course Information: Learn about the roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Social Services (ESS) management team. This course provides participants with an opportunity to perform relevant activities and processes. In this context, the ESS management team includes Reception Centre and Group Lodging Managers; Information, Liaison, and Safety Officers; and Operations, Planning, Logistics, and Finance Section Chiefs. (Formerly ESS171)
Prerequisites: Complete EMRG-1610 (available online)