Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Corner Archive.
Update from Council Meeting — October 30th, 2017
- Mayor and Council held a Committee of the Whole meeting to hear general comments from the public.
- Council heard a delegation from the North Coast immigration and Multicultural Society on their local progress report with respect to the recommendations from the Truth and Reconciliation commission.
- Council heard a presentation from Darrell Gunn of the Ministry of Transportation regarding their Shift into Winter campaign, which is attempting to encourage safe winter driving practices. For more information on the program, check out www.shiftintowinter.ca.
- Council voted for a Development Variance Permit Application at 535 Hays Cove Circle to proceed to Public Notification.
- Council voted to deny Development Variance Permit Application at 160 Van Arsdol St.
- Council voted for a Development Variance Permit Application at 1034 1st Avenue West proceed to Final Consideration.
- Council voted to table a discussion of a proposed new Communications Policy for the City of Prince Rupert, which would repeal and replace the existing 2003 policy.
- Council gave Final reading to the 2017 Five Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 3418, 2017.