Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Corner Archive.
Update from Council Meeting — March 26th, 2018
- Council held a public hearing on the rezoning application to allow a special care residential zone at 333 11th Avenue East. Following the public hearing, in the Regular Meeting, Council voted to approve the rezoning application.
- Council heard a presentation from Joyce Charlton on the Child Youth Mental Health and Substance Use Local Action Team.
- Council held the second and final public consultation session for the Proposed 2018 5-year Financial Plan Bylaw (municipal budget) during the Committee of the Whole session. The meeting began with a presentation from the Chief Financial Officer. As mentioned at the previous meeting, staff are proposing a 0% increase to the residential mill rate. For more information on the proposed 2018 budget, check out the public document online or printed copies at City Hall, the Recreation Complex or the Library.
- Council heard an update from Ecotrust Canada on the North Coast Innovation Lab project, and approved a joint application for $70,000 in NDIT funding, to support Ecotrust administered programming.
- Council approved a grant application from the Recreation Department to Northern Health’s IMAGINE Community Grants program for $5,000 towards new skating equipment.
- Council gave First, Second and Third Readings to the renewed Development Procedure Bylaw (No 3425, 2018). The Bylaw will be up for final approval at the following Council meeting.