Effective at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 10, 2017, all open fires (including campfires) will be prohibited throughout the Northwest Fire Centre’s jurisdiction to help prevent human-caused wildfires and protect public safety.
This prohibition will remain in effect until Oct. 21, 2017, or until the public is otherwise notified.
The following activities are prohibited:
- Category 2 open fires
- Category 3 open fires
- the burning of any waste, slash or other materials
- stubble or grass fires of any size over any area
- the use of stoves and other portable campfire apparatuses that are not CSA-approved or ULC-approved
- fires burning woody debris in outdoor stoves
- the use of tiki torches, fireworks, firecrackers, sky lanterns, burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description
- the use of binary exploding targets (e.g. for rifle target practice)
For the full release please follow the link below
Fire Information Officer
BC Wildfire Service
Northwest Fire Centre
During this time, the City of Prince Rupert will continue to issue ‘Burning Permits’ within the boundaries of the municipality until further notice.