Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Corner Archive.
- Council heard a presentation from Constable Kayla Radford, from the Prince Rupert RCMP Detachment on the new Safe Place Program for all LGBTQ residents. This program is coordinated with local businesses and services to display a sticker on their front door that indicates a safe place if an LGBTQ person feels threatened or is the victim of a crime. For more information on how to sign up for the program, businesses can contact Kayla at the local detachment for more information on how to be involved, or pick up an application form at the front desk at City Hall.
- Chris Lightfoot, Organizer of Complete Streets for Prince Rupert presented to Council on a potential Intersection Improvement Project. He was referred to staff for engineering and technical requirements.
- Council voted to appoint Corinne Bomben, Chief Financial Officer as the Chief Elections Officer, and Deputy Corporate Administrator Antonio Vera as the Deputy Elections Officer for the 2018 General Municipal Election.
- Council voted to allow a Development Variance Permit for 144 9th Avenue East to proceed to public notification.
- Resolution released from the Closed Meeting of January 15th: Mayor and Council approved the award of the Tsunami Flood Risk Assessment to Northwest Hydraulic Consultants
- Resolution released from the Closed Meeting of January 15th: Council appointed Mr. Roy Henry Vickers to the board of Citywest for a 2 year term.
- Council voted to pass 1st, 2nd and 3rd readings of Housing Agreement Bylaw No. 3424, 2018 - which must be in place before the application for rezoning for Supportive Housing at 333 – 11th Avenue East can proceed.