Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Corner Archive.
- Council held a Committee of the Whole meeting to hear comments and welcome any public delegations regarding issues facing the community. One member of the public came before Council to speak.
- Council heard a quarterly report and presentation from RCMP Officer in Charge Blake Ward regarding normal RCMP operations in Prince Rupert.
- Council voted to move a Development Variance Permit Application for 1501 Sloan Avenue to vary the height of a backyard workshop from 3.6 m to 4.5 m to final consideration.
- Council voted to move a Development Variance Permit Application for 1408 7th Avenue East to vary the height of a backyard storage out-building from 3.6 m to 6.7 m to public notification.
- The Chief Financial Officer presented to Council on the June 2017 Financial Variance report. All departments were reported on-budget, except for roads, due to the added expense related to heavy snowfalls this year. This variance has been reported to Council in previous meetings.
- Council passed a motion, forwarded by Councillor Thorkelson, to write a submission to the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans regarding the incorporation of the principle of adjacency into the Fisheries Act. The Fisheries Act is currently under review and seeking public comment.