Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the latest Council Corner update, linked below. For updates from past meetings, check out our Council Corner Archive.
Update from Council Meeting — April 24th, 2018
- Council heard a report from the Small Business Advisory Committee regarding a Small Business Development Action Plan. This plan was referred to a future workshop of Council before the end of May 2018.
- Council passed a Development Variance Permit for 228 8th Avenue East.
- The CFO presented on the award of the RCMP Cell Block Improvement project, and Council voted to accept the recommendation to award the cell block upgrade project to Marcan Construction Ltd.
- Council voted to write a letter regarding the discontinuation of ESL programming at the Northwest Community College to NWCC, cc’ing MLA Jennifer Rice and applicable Provincial Ministers to request reconsideration of the decision.
- Following the public consultations held in March and receipt of the final BC Assessment values, Council passed the 2018 Five Year Financial Plan (budget) bylaw No. 3426, 2018.
- Council voted to adopt the 2018 Property Tax Bylaw, with no increases to the City’s mill rate as compared to 2017. Please note—the City collects on behalf of other taxation authorities such as the North Coast Regional District, Northwest Regional Hospital District, and School tax, but only sets the rate for the municipal taxes collected.