Please note: The City is waiving sidewalk patio fees for restaurants looking to open a sidewalk patio in the 2020 season to enable additional capacity while COVID-19 precautions are in place. Contact Paul Vendittelli, Economic Development Officer for more information at (250) 627 5138 or email@example.com.
Permits are tools used by the City to manage development in different areas of Prince Rupert, ensure uniform building standards, protecting health, safety, and quality of life for residents.
The type of work that you are planning to conduct will impact the type of permit(s) you require. For more information on City permitting requirements, please contact the Development Services Department.
The following are the types of applications that may be required via the City of Prince Rupert:
- Application to Amend the OCP or Zoning Bylaw
- Development Permit Application
- Development Permit with a Variance Application
- Development Variance Permit Application
- Minor Works/Sign Permit Application
- Application for Subdivision
- Application for Stratification
- Application for Sidewalk Patio Permit (Large Patio)
- Application for Sidewalk Patio Permit (Small Patio)
- Temporary Use Permit
- Tree Cutting Permit Application
Completed forms must be returned to City Hall at 424 3rd Avenue West, Prince Rupert, BC. All Development Permit fees must be paid before an application is considered accepted and before a decision can be made. Once a Development Permit is approved, property owners will need to proceed to obtaining a Building Permit.
All Development Permit fees must be paid before an application is considered accepted and before a decision can be made. Once a Development Permit is approved, property owners will need to proceed to obtaining a Building Permit.
Please note: Additional permitting and inspections may be required from other Provincial regulatory agencies for electrical and gas-fitting work. Please contact your local inspection agency for more information on Provincial requirements.